Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Blog: Backstage

For those of you who have not yet heard, I have found myself officially registered to participate in Ironman Canada on August 28, 2011. The road to Canada has already proven to be nothing short of an adventure, which essentially guarantees that the next nine months are going to be filled with even more interesting twists and exciting new stories to share.

Over the past three years, I have felt so much love and support from my friends and family as the sport of triathlon has become part of the backbone to my life. I want to be sure I continue to share my experiences with those folks who have invested in me, and who have helped me reach this new milestone as an athlete. I think it is probably a good idea to ease up on the inboxes a bit and create a central spot to share updates... (enter: my blog).

And, because not everyone is totally interested in stories of spandex and gu, I can promise that there will be ample opportunity over the next year for me to share random tidbits from the ridiculousness that is life… which I know my mom finds to be entertaining.

So, in the words of Buddy the Elf (because when isn’t a quote from Buddy the Elf appropriate?), "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jyCfRHumHU

No comments:

Post a Comment